Mark A. LeDoux, M.D., P.A.
Statement of Clinical Interest
Dr. LeDoux was born in Lake Charles, LA, and raised in Port Neches, TX. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Lamar University where he was an internationally ranked 400m hurdler. He continued on and graduated from medical school from the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio in 2004.
After medical school, Dr. LeDoux completed his Surgery Internship in Houston at Christus St. Joseph’s. His Anesthesiology training was then completed in 2008, at the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas. There, he also completed an American Board of Anesthesiology accredited Fellowship in Interventional Pain management. He is board certified in Anesthesiology as well as Pain Management by the American Board of Anesthesiology.
Beyond delivering the highest level of technical care, Dr. LeDoux is committed to providing a compassionate and comprehensive approach for his patients. His goal is to restore functionality in their everyday schedule as well as overall quality of life.
Education & Training
ABA Accredited Fellowship in Interventional Pain Management
University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas, TX
|| Clinical Anesthesia Residency-Year 2,3
University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas, TX
||Clinical Anesthesia Residency-Year 1,2
University of Texas HSC, San Antonio, TX
||General Surgery Internship-Preliminary
Christus St. Joseph Hospital, Houston, TX
||Doctor of Medicine, May 2004
University of Texas Medical School, San Antonio, TX
|| Bachelor of Science, Biology
Lamar University, Beaumont, TX
- Board Certified Anesthesiologist (ABA)
- Board Certified Pain Management (ABA)
- Texas Board of Medical Examiners
- Medtronic Pain Theory and Technique Workshop, Baltimore, MD, August 2009.
- St. Jude Practice Management, Plano, TX June 2009
- Medtronic Practice Management 101, Dallas, TX June 2009
- Arthrocare Spine Wand and Tumor Coblation, Dallas, TX, February 2009
- Cadaver Workshop UTSW, Informative lectures and workshop in Interventional Pain
techniques, January 2009
- Medtronic Interventional Pain Management-Spinal Cord Stimulators, Dallas, TX,
- Metronic/Kyphon Kyphoplasty Instructional Course, Dallas September 2008
- Advanced Bionics: Spinal Cord Stimulators, San Diego, CA September 2008
Publications / Presentations
- Ziconotide’s Efficacy In the Treatment of Neuropathic Pain, Case Reports and
Discussion by Brian Bruel, M.D., Assistant Professor UTSW Pain Management,
Mark LeDoux, M.D., Clement Yeh, M.D . Accepted for review by Spine Journal,
- Opioid Induced Hyperalgesia-UTSW Pain Management Journal Club, November
- Vertebral Compression Fractures-Pain Management Grande Rounds, UTSW,
September 25, 2008.
- Chronic Pain Syndromes-Vapor Camp, Review course for incoming Anesthesiology
residents at UTSW, September 7, 2008.
- Radiofrequency Procedures-Dallas VA Medical Center Pain Management Grande
Rounds, August 21, 2008.
- Local Anesthetic Toxicity, Diagnosis and Management-Lecture to Parkland
Operating Room Recovery Nursing Staff, November 16, 2007.
- Inotropes, Lecture on Pharmacology and Perioperative Uses, UTSW Cardiac
Anesthesiology Grande Rounds, October 17, 2007.
- Acute Myocardial Infarction-Diagnosis and Management-Dallas VA Critical Care
Grande Rounds, September 21, 2007.
- Intercostal and Interpleural Nerve blocks-Pain Management Grande Rounds, UT-
Health Science Center San Antonio, January 22, 2007.
- Today’s Superbug: Methicilin-resistant Staph aureus, Christus St. Joseph’s
Department of General Surgery Grande Rounds, Houston, TX, October 6 ,2004.
- The New England Journal of Medicine, "C-Reactive Protein may be a Marker of
Susceptibility to the Seroton Syndrome: a First Report", letter to the editor by Mark
LeDoux, MS4; Kenneth Braslow, Resident in Psychiatry, & Thomas M. Brown,
Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science
Center San Antonio.
- American Society of Anesthesiology
- American Medical Association
- Texas Pain Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Clinical Anesthesiology
- Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy (IDET)/Biacuplasty (Transdiscal radiofrequency)
- Nucleoplasty/Disc Decompression
- Gasserian/sphenopalatine ganglion blocks
- Spinal Cord Stimulator
- Nerve Blocks for Headaches
- Sympathetic Blocks/Neurolytics
- Epidural steroid injection (ESI)/Caudal ESI/Lysis of Adhesions
- Selective Nerve Root Block/Transforaminal ESI
- Medial branch nerve block/Facet Joint injections
- Radio frequency ablation
- Sacroiliac joint injection
- Botulinum toxin neuromuscular injections
- Intra-articular, bursal, and trigger point injections
- Family Activities
- General Exercise and Sports Enthusiest
- Former Internationally Ranked Collegiate Hurdler
- 2013 World Masters Champion 400M Hurdles, Porto Alegre, Brazil